News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Interested in a Blovaitor Baby Build?

Started by madbean, December 19, 2012, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm considering re-releasing the Bloviator as a 1590A build rather than re-stocking the most current version. The reason for this is due to the nature of the effect. I think it lends itself quite well to a small form factor. It's the kind of thing you either just leave on or not...not really a toggler like a dirt or delay.

Anyway, I've already completed the design and verified the prototype. The only compromise is I eliminated the VB regulator from the previous design to save space, but that is not a big deal. It sounds exactly like the previous one as far as I can tell.

Anyway, any interest in this?

GermanCdn

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.  Will make my Afterlife/Bloviator/Fatpants combo pedal so much easier to build. 

Or put all three circuits on the same board for a BB build.  Either way.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Ettore_M

Yes! I'm in! I always wanted to build a Bloviator. I was really impressed when I first heard a demo of the real thing. Indeed, it's an always on pedal! It makes you sound huge!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Yes yes yes,I have a bbe sonic stomp but it is so noisy.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Well, I would say this pretty much moves it from my "maybe someday" list to "yes, I'll build that."

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jubal81

I fully endorse this. Mine is always on. I've found it works really, really well at making low-volume (home) playing sound fuller.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair