News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!!!

Started by pryde, December 20, 2012, 04:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Just picked up a 2008 USA Standard Strat for a very good price. Traded in an old MIM strat that I had for years and never fully bonded with it even after heavy modifications.

Once in a while we are lucky enough to pick up a guitar that is "the one" from the very first note played, well this is one of those for me. The 2008 models where apparently upgraded with different pups (A5) and a more solid trem block. I set it up and played through my rig and was REALLY impressed by the stock pickups. BUT, I had a loaded pickguard with seymour duncan SSL-1/SSL-5 from a previous strat that I threw in and..... took them right back out. I like the stock pickups better all around.

So I swapped in a mint green guard and aged white PU covers as I have always loved the look on a sunburst strat, now it looks and plays awesome (low light photos don't do it justice). Getting ready to get socked by a winter storm here in the Midwest so I will get some nice bonding time with this one!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike B.

Beautiful guitar! IMHO, nothing quite compares to a good USA Strat.

raulduke

Beautiful guitar.

I agree; there is something special about having a 'real deal' made in the USA strat.

DutchMF

I agree with the above posts. I like my Strats with a bridge HB and a rosewood fingerboard, but this looks beautiful! And judging by the pics, she hasn't seen a lot of action, good score!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"