News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The 2012 family picture...

Started by juansolo, December 14, 2012, 09:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

[quote

. . .though that blue inverted petagram pedal (Baphomet?) is probably quite disruptive and obnoxious at the family meal.
[/quote]

what is that blue beast ? it looks very interesting with the two switches
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

juansolo

Quote from: jeffaroo on December 15, 2012, 02:58:43 AM
what is that blue beast ? it looks very interesting with the two switches
That is the first pedal I ever built ;)

BYOC OD2 (Tube Screamer + mods + boost). Gave it to my brother, but he doesn't use it any more so it's found it's way back to the stash.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: hoodoo on December 15, 2012, 12:35:12 AM
F@#k me, just think what these would cost to buy if they were the original product, gotta love this DIY stuff ;D
What are your top 5  mate,
All the best, Matt.

Top 5, one is a bought one and not in the photo. I do have a couple of them too ;)

Kingslayer (was a Sunking based Klone until that came along)
Boobtube (use the Klone/KS to push it when I want a little more)
Buzzsaw (Roland BeeBaa)
Ultrastoner Fuzz (Massive muff)
Neunaber WET Reverb

God this is hard. There's so much other stuff I want to put in there (Aquaboy/CE-2/etc)... Honourable mention needs to go to the Alice though, which I adore. Pure sonic chaos in a pedal.

jeffaroo

Alice ? ? ?
whats a Alice pedal ?    :D

hammerheadmusicman

^that was what i was thinking.. if it's at the top of the list, i think I need to know!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

juansolo

Alice. Pure sonic chaos in a stomp. It's a pedal that after the first, I swore I wouldn't make any more (ended up making 4 of them...) as it's a proper swine to build. Ingredients have changed from time to time, but the effects are the same.

The main part of it is a Uglyface+LFO. The uglyface is an envelope glitchy fuzz, the LFO can be kicked in to replace the envelope. On it's own it can do everything from an actual usable fuzz to laser gun noises and all sorts of nonsense in between.

Then it's stuck into a choppy trem. I originally used to use a EA trem for this and have recently gone to the Double Flush as it can go choppier.

Then there's the Delay. Used to use a Rebote, the last one had Merlins refined rebote in it. We tweak them slighty so they can go on forever. But otherwise you can get everything from infinite noise to sounding like you're in a metal bucket from it.

In combination this makes it a lo-fi noise machine with loads of different things it can do. There's a vid on my site where Wez starts really getting the hang of his towards the end (wife and cat not amused).

It will annoy other halves, pets, neighbours, etc. But it's just massively addictive. The only thing I regret is not being able to fit a flanger in there as it can go really synthy with one on the back of it. Though come to think of it a Smoothie might do the trick reasonably well... *rubs chin*

pryde

Wonderful collection.

Anytime my wife starts up about my pedal addiction I will simply offer her a cup of warm, "shut the f#@K up" by showing her a picture of your collection  ;D

jeffaroo

WOW...Now thats a beautiful thing !   :o