News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stealth Fuzzrite -- Tweaked Sonic Titan -- Fuzz Factory

Started by cajone5, December 10, 2012, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

I had a little fun this weekend -- built myself a few pedals.

Silicon Fuzzrite with mojo components...

Tweaked D*A*M Sonic Titan built for a friend...

And finally, with the help of the folks in the tech area I got this up and running... can't believe it was a diode with the wrong orientation causing the crazy behavior.  LOVE it now.  Man everyone should own a fuzz factory.  They're soo incredibly versatile and fun to tweak!

(before I got the LED wired)

I've been having a great time building this weekend.  Very happy with these new projects and wil be building at least one or two more of each for folks.  Also have an autowah and trem on the horizon.  My goal is to eventually build most of the effects I use and stop buying stuff.  With the wealth of information folks like you guys put out there, I don't think I'll be running out of projects any time soon.

midwayfair

raulduke

Hey Cajone nice builds!

Nice to see one of the Stompboxes.co.uk guys on the forum too!

Diamond

cajone5

Quote from: Diamond on December 11, 2012, 05:41:25 PM
Looks great! What did you tweak on the Titan?

Used this layout...

Except I used a 10uF for the bottom left cap and a 100uF for the top left.  I also "biased" it to have more distortion and little less overall output.  Results were a more open clearer Titan with more gain on tap when compared to the blue and silver one I had on hand.  Oh and I swapped the gain pot for a linear taper for better spread of gain across the dial.

cajone5

Annnd I send these to a friend to check out and here are the demos he made  ;D