News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

voodoo themed macheen

Started by nacho, April 09, 2013, 11:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacho

I can not help admiring all the great pedals posted here. And this is my own humble contribution from Zaragoza (spain).
It is the macheen with a hand painted voodoo symbol. These symbols are called "veve" and this one represents Papa Legba. I am going to try this on bass, on a voodoo themed song from my new band  :)

wolfingsworth

I like your configuration. Nice looking build!

stecykmi

cool enclosure! how do you like the circuit?

the macheen was one of the old-school madbean projects i missed. i really should etch a board or at least breadboard one up some time, just to see what it sounds like.

selfdestroyer

I like the layout of this pedal. Great jack and switch placement and wonderful paint job.

nacho

Quote from: stecykmi on April 09, 2013, 02:02:35 PM
cool enclosure! how do you like the circuit?

the macheen was one of the old-school madbean projects i missed. i really should etch a board or at least breadboard one up some time, just to see what it sounds like.

I have played it with guitar and bass but only at home: low volume, little amp. I like the ring modulation effect on some settings, but it becomes too harsh using it alone (IMO, of course). I thing i prefer it pushing another fuzz or overdrive pedal on low gain settings.

Cortexturizer

I think I reduced the resistance on the [source, drain?] I can't remember the schematic, to ZERO ohms to ground on one of the FET's which gave it the craziest sound ever. The Machine got me into pedal building, after building one I became obsessed :)
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

MattOcaster

Was it ZVex or Escobedo that can be credited with crossover distortion in pedal form?
Escobedo had the tripple fuzz where ZVex had 2 of em in series?
Anyone know the full story?
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

stevewire

nacho,
I just really love the look of this one.

raulduke

Very nice build.

Love the hand painted graphics!

nacho

Thanks and thanks. I've had too little time for pedals in the last months (even to read the forum!). But i have some boards waiting for me!
And it's always nice to hear kind words.

PD It sounds great on bass, paired with the faultline produces a thick sound that really cuts through.

jimilee

That's  a great looking pedal for sure
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

GrindCustoms

Like everything about this built, nice work :)

I have one of these populated, rocked...just not boxed...really nice effect indeed.

I'm also interested in the full story of crossover distortions if someone knows it.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/