News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar

Started by mandrewbot3k, October 23, 2011, 01:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandrewbot3k

Just finished my build. I'm getting no output though. bypasses fine. voltages seem reasonable...

1 4.54
2 4.54
3 4.53
4 0
5 4.53
6 1.56
7 4.53 (sometimes reads as 8.53, when out of enclosure, something shorting I assume)
8 9.16

I don't have a probe yet, but does anything jump out? do those voltages seam correct? I'll have to build a probe tomorrow to really check the path though.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

oldhousescott

Pin 6 voltage looks wrong. It should be sitting at around 4.5vdc. Check for a short with your bass and treble pot wiring. Does the value at pins 6 and 7 change as you turn the bass and treble pots? Also, check that the junction of C9, R8, and R9 isn't shorted to ground.

mandrewbot3k

I know this is old, but I just got back into pedal building as I'm gigging more (shouldn't it be the other way around). But I finally finished the Quasar (RC option). Great pedal.

I forgot to jot down the voltages but they seem close to what I posted last year. My problem... The pinout on the 5088. For some reason I had the pins moved around. I put them straight in and they worked just fine! What a booster. Super clean and crisp.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)