News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4 in 1 on a rotary switch?

Started by murdog47, November 22, 2012, 04:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Would it be possible to put four effects in one enclosure and switch between them with a rotary switch instead of four stomp switches?

murdog47

I was thinking there would be a way to hook the input and output from the single 3pdt stomp to the center connections on a rotary and then the individual in/outs from each circuit to the outside connections?

GhostofJohnToad

That's a very cool idea, I'd be interested if it's possible as well.

alanp

It is a cool idea, but it does mean that you cannot have more than one at a time.

Four separate DPDT switches might be a better idea.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GermanCdn

I don't see why you couldn't do it.  You might want to get a three pole switch so you could add some LEDs (or one tri colour).  You'd probably want to run a small piece of vero for grounds and power supply to keep things cleaner.

Now you've got me thinking.  Instead of a four way rotary, you could run a second 3PDT stomp to switch between two banks of effects, and then run the two circuits within that bank to either an on/on or on/on/on DPDT toggle.  Would effectively give you a two channel stompbox with the ability to possibly run either or both circuits per bank, and keep you down to two stomp switches. 

Just finishing up a five stomp switch 1032 multi unit.  Two switches sounds so nice right now.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.