News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah questions for MODS

Started by jalmonsalmon, November 10, 2012, 06:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

I know I seen stuff about the weener wah but...if anyone can point me in the direction of taking that weener wah into JIMI HENDRIX Still Raining Still Dreaming land...  please ADVISE! what type of mods will be needed for this wah if any? I have the board and am waiting on some caps and resistors still but before I heat of the iron...
What mods or values will take me into JIMI land  

Anyone???

Oh and I have a whipple inductor for the wah as noted on the BOM
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jkokura

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on November 10, 2012, 06:03:43 AM
I know I seen stuff about the weener wah but...if anyone can point me in the direction of taking that weener wah into JIMI HENDRIX Still Raining Still Dreaming land...  please ADVISE! what type of mods will be needed for this wah if any? I have the board and am waiting on some caps and resistors still but before I heat of the iron...
What mods or values will take me into JIMI land  

Anyone???

Oh and I have a whipple inductor for the wah as noted on the BOM

I hate to rain on your parade a bit, but the Weener already has the most popular mods built right into it. It's got a couple onboard trim pots, and a switchable buffer, which are the most common wah mods out there. Aside from playing with the transistor values, the resistor values, and the cap values, along with the inductor, I wouldn't mod the weener past what's already done. In fact, I'd build it, then play with the two trim pots till you've dialed in the sound you're looking for.

If it's not there, build a simple clyde wah circuit and you're most of the way there for that Jimi wah sound.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals