News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pepper Spray Albini specs

Started by trustybs, November 06, 2012, 09:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trustybs

Here is my pepper spray built with the albini specs. I used the diodes specified on the info sheet and i must say that i love the sound best with the two bat 41s.  I love the overdrive it gets with both knobs around 2pm, very early sonic youthish sound.

The enclosure is a little slimmer than your usual hammond 150B so i had to turn the pcb a bit to fit in.

monkeyssj1

Bret608

I agree that this looks really cool. Where did you get that wedge-shaped knob? I've been looking for those for a while!

This is one of my favorite pedals, although I have 1n914s instead of BAT41. I am so happy that you mentioned Sonic Youth! I was thinking of that diode setting as more of a Husker Du sound. For a while in the 90s I tuned my guitar with AA-DD-GG unison pairs as SY does. I used the "Brother James" tuning. I should do it again to try it with my Peppery Spray. I would think this circuit would work well with alternate tunings, seeing how well it handles complex chords!

trustybs

Hey, i tuned a guitar in EE BB F#E (used by lee ranaldo) and the pepper spray loves it.

trustybs

Oh yes and for the knob it comes from banzai music

Bret608

pickdropper

Great looking build.  Love the graphics.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

MattOcaster

The graphics are really unique.
Totally dig it!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

raulduke

Nice build dude.

Really cool graphics!

trustybs

Thank you very much for the appreciations.

I have to be honest here and all these graphics are in fact TTF fonts that i found on the site dafont.com
It's a mix of two fonts :finnish rock paintings and Inga stone signs.

Now you know...

midwayfair

Quote from: trustybs on November 07, 2012, 02:17:50 PM
Thank you very much for the appreciations.

I have to be honest here and all these graphics are in fact TTF fonts that i found on the site dafont.com
It's a mix of two fonts :finnish rock paintings and Inga stone signs.

Now you know...

Good usage of them, though. They look awesome. Espectially the little guy leading his cattle across the footswitch.

icecycle66

The little guys remind me of "The Dancing Men" Sherlock Holmes story.

lincolnic