News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar Switch POP

Started by Davefx, March 22, 2012, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davefx

Hi guys!  I looked around to see if there were any other problems similar to what i have, so if  missed it, I do apologize.

This pedal sounds awesome!!  EXCEPT, it pops terribly when punching bypass switch in and out.  I tried adding a 4.7m pull down resistor to the input and output of the circuit it didnt help in the least.  Before I desolder the switch form the 3pdt board (smallbear) and try a new one, has anyone had any problems with this and could it just be the switch?

Thanks in advance..

Dave

jkokura

I would put money on the switch, but that's just me...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Davefx

Yeah that would be the 2nd out of a batch of 10 of the cheapies at Mammoth.  I guess it will pay to get the tougher ones.. Get what ya pay for!

BraindeadAudio

So someone else is getting this too from the switches form mammoth. I have one that only does it sometimes on my chorus pedal.

Davefx

Well there's been a lot of negative press on Mammoth but i will say this, they always get my orders right. I replaced the switch and it still does it, maybe not as bad, but still.  Another observation is the pedal that is ahead of it in the chain will pop when I turn it on when the Quasar is on..  Although it sounds fabulous, it seems like some DC is coming from the output.. I'll poke around and see if there are any errors on my part.
Strange indeed.

Dave

Om_Audio

did you ever sort this out?
C
Sent via soup cans and string.