News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Printing an A4 sheet of decals..

Started by hammerheadmusicman, February 23, 2013, 04:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

how do you guys do it? get them al on to one page and still to scale, i mean. In OS X.

I usually do one at a time, gut the decal paper to a6 size then print them one bby one, but i need to do a load of the same on, so i'll get them all on one sheet, save the hassle!

thanks

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

JohnL

I use Photoshop. I have it on my work computer but there is a lite version for $99.

RobA

What format are your files (pdf, jpeg, vector)?

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

hammerheadmusicman

i'm using inkscape, so they are ending up as .PNG.

I think i have licked the problem, got the image in to word, exported the page as a .PDF, printed one, checked it was still to scale (which it was). Then put loads on a page of A4 and then did the same again, seems to work like a charm :)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

JakeFuzz

Adobe Photoshop CS2 is now free (yes legally  :D). I have put copies on all my computers.

pickdropper

Quote from: JakeFuzz on February 23, 2013, 07:20:57 PM
Adobe Photoshop CS2 is now free (yes legally  :D). I have put copies on all my computers.

It actually isn't legal unless you owned it originally.  Adobe just turned off the activation servers (standard operating procedure as their products age).  They always release the downloads, but the serial number was an oops.

I was excited about it when I saw it, but confirmed it with somebody I know from Adobe.  He said the downloads are there only as support for those who have purchased in the past.

That said, the activation servers are off, so nothing bad is likely to happen.  But folks should understand the legality of it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

JakeFuzz

Quote from: pickdropper on February 23, 2013, 07:34:07 PM
Quote from: JakeFuzz on February 23, 2013, 07:20:57 PM

It actually isn't legal unless you owned it originally.  Adobe just turned off the activation servers (standard operating procedure as their products age).  They always release the downloads, but the serial number was an oops.

I was excited about it when I saw it, but confirmed it with somebody I know from Adobe.  He said the downloads are there only as support for those who have purchased in the past.

That said, the activation servers are off, so nothing bad is likely to happen.  But folks should understand the legality of it.

Ahh, I did not know that. I was wondering why they would do that.

juansolo

I use PS on a Mac and I simply have a blank pic that's the size of the printable area my printer can do. I C&P all the flattened images of the decals into that doc as layers and then print them out when the page is full. Not particularly elegant, but it works.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: juansolo on February 23, 2013, 09:44:48 PMI use PS on a Mac and I simply have a blank pic that's the size of the printable area my printer can do. I C&P all the flattened images of the decals into that doc as layers and then print them out when the page is full. Not particularly elegant, but it works.
This is what I do as well
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey