News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

where did the Mudbunny values come from?

Started by jtn191, October 09, 2012, 09:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

Hey Brian, for comparison/nerdy sake I was just wondering where the values for the Big Muff versions came from, from other projects, units, by ear, etc?

I was particularly interested in the Triangle version; I'm planning building more muffs and haven't seen that value for R2 -for instance- anywhere else

juansolo

The values on muffs, even the originals, vary WILDLY. I do get a feeling that a lot of things were slapped in them based on what was available at the time that particular batch was built.

Anyhow, I have a spreadsheet that has some of them on it, that I'm indeed updating with another (ours) at the moment, it'll be up in about 20 mins.

EDIT: Done. It's here: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/Misc/Muffs.xls

The Mayo schematic we refer to is this one: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/Skreddy/Mayo%20Schematic.png Mainly because before the Mudbunny boards, we built on vero using this as reference.

Should be accurate... You need to open it in Excel or equivalent to read the notes.

The Triangle looks like it probably didn't have R3 or C2. So I suspect something was chosen that worked.

TBN (no idea what we're going to call it yet) is our muff that started off as a Skreddyish build (basically because he does the best muffs, so best to start there), then made a load of changes to to see what we'd get. I really quite like it. Tighter and more defined than a ? Lady (doesn't go anywhere near as low), but still very aggressive.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

juansolo

To Be Named. That's our concoction ;) We can't think of a name for it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

atreidesheir

awesome.  I am a sucker for a new big muff.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman