News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Porkbarrel de-bug

Started by the3secondrule, November 07, 2010, 05:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

the3secondrule: your voltages are looking much better, but I'm still concerned about Q4. Any chance D1 is backwards on your build?

Micpoc

the3secondrule, have you adjusted the trim pot through its full range of motion?   After removing the switch I had wired up (improperly, somehow) and wiring the jacks directly to the board, I experienced the same problem you have, including the no signal with the vibe switch engaged. 

But after adjusting the trimmer, lo and behold, I got sweet, rich chorusing!  So, if you haven't tried that (and I didn't see it mentioned), you may want to give it a shot.  Also, I guess this means we can rule out the concern about the chips being fakes.   ;)

And Brian?  Everything sounds great; thanks for the fantastic board!   :)  :)

the3secondrule

Quote from: madbean on November 09, 2010, 05:18:36 PM
the3secondrule: your voltages are looking much better, but I'm still concerned about Q4. Any chance D1 is backwards on your build?

D1 is exactly as shown on the soldermask. I even tried pulling D1 and replacing it with another 1n914, incase it was damaged - no joy.

I have also pulled and replaced R29,29,and 30, in case I had the wrong values in. (Although the bands read right)
I'm sure there is one minor stupid thing i'm missing, and its driving me nuts. i'm going overseas for 12 days tomorrow, so I will have an enforced time off from this debug. hopefully a fresh set of eyes will help

Quote from: Grigori on November 09, 2010, 08:44:12 PM
the3secondrule, have you adjusted the trim pot through its full range of motion?   After removing the switch I had wired up (improperly, somehow) and wiring the jacks directly to the board, I experienced the same problem you have, including the no signal with the vibe switch engaged. 

yup - tried the trimmer as well.
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

the3secondrule

replacement chips arrived today - replaced them, voila - chorus.

Cheers for the help - looks like it does pay to be careful where you get your 3007's

Jeremy
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

That's great, and sorry you had bad luck with the previous set.