News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flatline 1590A (SMD content)

Started by Ettore_M, October 06, 2012, 07:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Hi everyone!

That's my Flatine! (Not exactly mine, because it was built for a friend. ::) But the layout is mine!  ;))
I'm very proud of this build, as it was my first 1590A build! I had my little problems with fitting the PCB (you'll see it's cut in an odd shape), as I misdrilled the jacks, but it came out perfect!
The Flatline is a great compressor and my friend already used it successfully on rehearsals! So i'm pretty happy he liked it!

The finish was a pretty painful job, as I had to polish and clearcoat the box two times, and also the lettering was done by hand using my dremel's engraving tool! But in the end, I really like the result of a polished box and engraved letters and I'm going to use this finish again on next builds.

Here's the build photos (The day on them is wrong, as I forgot to set it right on the camera settings. They were shot yesterday 5/10/12...)! : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n22c4cxrwgv689w/2BdnIo9zJd

Hope you like it! :)

Hector

P.S. If you want me to upload the layout, just tell me so!  ;)
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

GrindCustoms

SMD on etched board, that's is really cool! 8)

Flatline is really a cool comp, among my favorite, got couple other one in the work at the moment, but they'll need to be really good to put this one off the board. :)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Ettore_M

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 06, 2012, 07:25:25 PM
SMD on etched board, that's is really cool! 8)

Flatline is really a cool comp, among my favorite, got couple other one in the work at the moment, but they'll need to be really good to put this one off the board. :)

Rej
Thanks, Rej! :D
They are indeed cool!  ;D They are pretty easy when you get used to working with them, but the fact that it is an etched board makes it more difficult to solder them perfectly straight! However, it works good enough for me at this moment!
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Very cool build, Hector.  I always like seeing SMD builds.  I agree, they are a lot of fun.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Ettore_M

Quote from: pickdropper on October 06, 2012, 07:49:39 PM
Very cool build, Hector.  I always like seeing SMD builds.  I agree, they are a lot of fun.
Thanks, pickdropper! But I'm just a follower. You are a master of SMD!  ;) Seeing your SMD Sea urchin build
inspired me to get more involved with SMD! It was like professional (or better industrial!  ;D) pedal building!
So.. Thank you!  :)

Hector
- Culturejam