News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First (Last?) 1590A Build

Started by raulduke, September 28, 2012, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Hey guys,

I thought I would try out a 1590A build as I see so many of you guys doing cool things with them on the forum.

I went for a Mosfet Boost as a starter (my own PCB). I was pretty narked about the wiring on this one (thats my wiring OCD coming out  :D!); could be a lot neater.

I borrowed artwork from Thom Yorke's Eraser album for the pedal as I have always thought the art for that album was really cool. I called it the RainStick.

My overall impression on 1590A's is that they are a little bit of a fiddle, and more than a little bit of a PITA   ;D!

After working with 125B's for a while all I can say is you guys must be sadist's to enjoy the torture entailed cramming Klons etc. into these tiny little buggars  :D!

Pics:

Guybrush

Looks great and I'd kill to get my wiring that neat even in a regular sized enclosure!  Love the Eraser style artwork too.  Stanly Donwood's finest work IMHO.

Om_Audio

The closer everything is together the better it sounds!
:)
Love that knob, I used 2 of those on my first build.
That is a good album too, good choice- looks nice the way you did it.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

raulduke

Cheers Guys,

Can't beat a bit of Dakaware... or Eraser (Atoms for Peace is one of my favourite songs).

midwayfair

That is really cool artwork. However, having built one of these, you've officially joined the club of "sadists" and will be a member forever even if you don't build another! :P

gtr2

Cool,

Love the knob and look of this one! 1590A's are challenging, yet addictive.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Ettore_M

Raulduke, today I got my first couple 1590As in the mail. When I opened the box and saw them, I was like "WTF? These boxes are tiny! What are these guys doing?" ... Then I thought of it and tell myself: "It would be totally cool, if I make it and build a working pedal in one of those!". We'll see!  ;D

Great build by the way! I just love the artwork! It blends with the colour just right.  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

juansolo

Now that Tayda do them I ordered some... They're a lot smaller than I expected!

Should be... interesting  :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

I love the color of this build.  The wiring is nice and neat, too.

I bet you build another.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

Quote from: midwayfair on September 28, 2012, 12:52:50 PM
That is really cool artwork. However, having built one of these, you've officially joined the club of "sadists" and will be a member forever even if you don't build another! :P

lol!  You must be the grand high sadist then Jon.. and I mean that in the nicest possible way ;D  ;)