News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A better Solder Sucker?

Started by selfdestroyer, January 08, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Quote from: davent on February 16, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
Guys, Adafruit has the ENGINEER SS-02 Solder Sucker for $17.50, even with shipping to Canada, if it's as good as they say, a bargain!

http://www.adafruit.com/product/1597

dave

Nice find Dave. I keep forgetting to check Adafruit from time to time. I ordered one to try out.
Cody

chromesphere

17.50 for the pump.  16 bucks to ship to Australia....I guess I choose to live on an island in the middle of no where right...?
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

davent

Quote from: chromesphere on February 17, 2014, 01:44:35 AM
17.50 for the pump.  16 bucks to ship to Australia....I guess I choose to live on an island in the middle of no where right...?

One of the few options for me was to buy in Australia for $35 and then ship to Canada for who knows how much. The only Canadian source i came across was Amazon.ca, they want $54 for the pump plus shipping then 13% tax,  Adafruit's shipping is ~$12 so i'm way ahead with Adafruit.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

chromesphere

I can get those soldapullts here so its probably going ot be a better option for me.  Either way, its time to move on from this piece of cr!@ department store sucker im using at the moment.  Pretty much useless for fabbed boards
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

davent

I've seen clones of the blue one around here but are those going to be any good and a quick look around the net for real ones turned up at least one place that was more expensive then Adafruit's Engineer so i figure might as well go for the primo toy...  late Christmas/early birthday present.

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Mine arrived today from Adafruit, a week to Canada after ordering (good), compact, solid piece of engineering... as expected, very nice!

dave

Jabulani Jonny

I really need to get one of these.  I'm still using braid and I freakin' hate it.  I've found it's best to use a chisel tip, rather than pencil when desoldering, but who wants to let the iron cool and change tips once you've been working?  Not this guy. 
Jonathan

Leevibe

Quote from: davent on February 24, 2014, 05:16:36 PM
Mine arrived today from Adafruit, a week to Canada after ordering (good), compact, solid piece of engineering... as expected, very nice!

dave

Let us know how it works. I'm still using the RS cheapie but I would love that silicone tip.