News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spaghetti Western Tremolo (EA) with demo

Started by pryde, February 19, 2013, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a vero build of the classic EA Tremolo with mods made by ROG. I have always read great things about this tremolo so I thought I would give it a shot. I really like it as it is super warm and sine-wave (ala Fender-type trem). This one is simple and hits the mark for me for occasional trem.

Whenever i hear trem it reminds me of classic spaghetti-western flicks so why not  ;)

I also included a very quick demo, excuse the playing and probably bad recording as I am trying to figure out my settings. So:

Fender strat>Egnater tweaker 15 with the tremolo and rub-a-dub reverb in effects loop. Recorded with SM57 and x2u into Audacity software.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/sw-tremolo-2[/soundcloud]

v00d00blues79

I love the graphics on this, and it sounds really good! 

Andy

nzCdog

Man that pedal looks sweet!  Great build

jkokura

I liked the demo quite a bit.

One great thing about the modded EA's is that they can drive a tube amp pretty well too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

AllenM

Any links to the RoG mods for this tremolo... really would like to add this to my board.

AllenM

Haberdasher

good sounds pryde.
I like that decal too.  It reminds me of Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars.  "Get three coffins ready."
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

selfdestroyer

Quote from: AllenM on February 20, 2013, 03:34:59 AM
Any links to the RoG mods for this tremolo... really would like to add this to my board.

AllenM

Im taking it that its this one.
http://www.home-wrecker.com/eatrem-pcb.pdf

pickdropper

Great looking build and a nice, clean build.

On a related but still derailing side note.  What size hole are you using that the snap in jack stays put?  They tend to pull out on me, so I started drilling slightly smaller, which broke the tab when I snapped it in.  I ended up hand filing wings for it to enter and then rotating it. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Thanks for the compliments good people. I built it using the attached vero. You can jumper R6 to decrease minimum rate and decrease the 1uf caps to .68uf to increase the maximum rate.

Pickdropper, I drill the 9v jack hole smaller like you but then slowly increase it using a T-handle reamer (Harbor Freight has them). The reamer puts a small 5 degree taper in the hole which helps with insertion. I have not had any issues but there is a little trial-error involved.