News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This is starting to feel like work..... DIY Stress!!!

Started by DutchMF, October 28, 2012, 04:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Since I've got some stuff coming that I'm super, super excited about (2 1590BB's finished by Rej (GrindCustoms) from the fundraiser auction) I decided it was time to finish everything I still had lying around, so I can jump on those enclosures when they arrive! Didn't know I had so much unfinished projects.....

Boneyard:
The enclosure was already drilled, all components soldered, only needs wiring into the box. Decided to skip all squeel preventing measures, as I've got a buffered tuner in front of it...

Assorted stuff:
This were only populated boards.. Drilled the enclosures, put all the stuff in for a test fit (I always do that) and made a start with the wiring. 2x Firebomb (1 for me, one as a gift for my mate Bishan with whom I've been playing in a band for over 12 years), 1x Bloviator and 1x Neptune Delay

Can't wait to get Rej's enclosures (I'll mail you the drilling templates tomorrow!), I love what he does and did a small victory dance when I had the winning bid... Christmas came early!
Full Build reports will follow as these get finished, now back to my soldering iron! :P

Paul

Edit: found more stuff to finish: GrindCustoms Chimaera, MB's Kingslayer (both awaiting 100kB dual pots) Mudbunny, GreenBean and Porkbarrel boards for experimenting... AAAAAAHHHH! What was the name of that 12-step program again?  ???

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GrindCustoms

Love that simple black finish, the Bezels of the 2 1590B builts looks like they are rivets to hold the pcb inside...........dig that!

You take those from MusikDing i think uh?

Yeah! send me those templates! Can't wait to do them :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

DutchMF

Yeah, the black textured finish from Hammond is actually very nice, like the pedal is wearing a Tuxedo! The "rivets" actually came from Banzai, I love the look of those. The also have the best dc jacks, you should check them out (Lumberg 1614-09). I've heard they are hard to get outside of europe, so if you'd like to piggyback on my next order, you're more than welcome! I'll print out the templates at work tomorrow, to give them a last check (mostly scale-wise, I'm happy with the layout I've come up with) and then mail them to you. Thanks man, looking forward to it!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GrindCustoms

Coo! I get DC jack similar to those, in fact they look the same from Jameco in US.

But i previously ordered stuff from Banzai and Muskikding before without problems, they love Canucks! hehe
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Man I read the title to this thread and thought... me too!  :(
Your pedals look badass Paul, 8) I hope to complete my latest batch soon too

chromesphere

Nice builds Paul!  I know exactly what you mean.  Sometimes i have to just stop taking on new projects and say "time to finish of some of this stuff first".  And the more unfinished projects i have, the less fun it is, for me personally.
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

wolfingsworth

Very nice builds! I like the look of the Firebomb(s) the best. Very classy!