News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flapjack OD (first etch)

Started by milkypostman, September 20, 2012, 07:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkypostman

For this project I used the cheap Muriatic Acid from Lowes and Hydrogen Peroxide.  Worked amazingly well except for the one time I got a pretty bad whiff of the acid.  I am hoping no brain damage is done.

Etching outside...

The board after etching...

Partially put together, waiting on parts...

Completed build...

In normal use...

I did use the b10k for the gain pot as suggested by the flapjack build docs.  Etching was quite fun but for the cost of having someone ship me an fabbed / drilled board it's not worth the hassle I don't think.  Well, at least until I get a laser guided drill press.  Doing all the holes by hand was something else...

lego4040

:o Sweet build, how do you like the Flapjack? I did one myself and populated but havent gotten around to testing. I did a triple board today Ruby/EA Trem/FF, on one long pcb, same chems to etch also and it does stink so wear mask or dont sit on top of it ;D Drilling sucks but when I finish a pedal I feel proud :D

wolfingsworth

My first etch I didn't have a drill press and ended up breaking the #64 drill bit I borrowed. Since then I bought a small drill Press ( for around $140) and my pedal building life has gotten MUCH easier, especially for drilling all those tiny holes. Congrats on your first etch! Looks like it turned out really nice:)

lincolnic

How do you like the B10k for the gain pot? I built mine to stock and it seems to have a pretty wide range in the Drive knob, but I've always been curious about the difference.

bigrigg

congrats on first etch.  The Dremmel brand has a little workstation/drill press for approx $60 that works perfect for pcb needs.  Check those out.  Good luck.

nzCdog

Very slick!  Tidy guts impress pedal geek peers :o 8)