News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer opamp distortion

Started by jubal81, September 12, 2012, 10:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

I don't know how many people are getting opamp distorion with the Kingslayer, but I'm trying to think of possible workarounds.

I've only tried the suggested chip since I didn't use a socket. Anyone tried a few different chips?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

I was just looking at some data sheets and I'm tempted to go with the TLE2074. Yeah, $4.72  :o

It's got double the supply voltage range and that 35v/us slew rate. I like the dual version quite a bit, just don't pony up the cash all that often.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

The only situation I got noticeable op amp distortion in mine was with all diodes lifted and the gain cranked. Mine went all the way up to oscillating in that situation.

I think I'd try Brian's advice of reducing the 1M feedback resistor before resorting to a $5 chip.

jubal81

I'm getting it - to a degree - whenever I have the soft clippers lifted and the gain cranked. I'm sure I'm noticing more because I'm experimenting with a clean blend, so I have the gain higher than I normally would.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't seen that suggestion.
- David Fair