News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pastyface Expertise?

Started by frankie5fingers, September 07, 2012, 12:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

Love the Pastyface tone.  I used OC76s - Q1@68, Q2@70 and 92 in Q3.  I used the Tonebender spec.  Like I said the tone's really great but I'd like to tighten it up just a bit; to make the attack a little "harder" with single coils and a tweed.  Any help out there?
Thanks

9Lives

what size input cap did you use? Try 10n filter some bass out of it. I always use that size w ge fuzzes bc I don't like that flubby muddy lows. 10n still hit the right tone just tightened it up

frankie5fingers

I used 100n.  I'll try the 10 - Thanks.

frankie5fingers

Thanks Grant.  That did help, but with the tweed I use that pedal with, 10n was just too bright.  The OC76s are pretty bright and articulate anyway, so I tried a few values down from 100n and settled on an old ChemiCon 10% .039.  I'll have to EQ in a little bass to replace what I took away, but it's much tighter now.  Thanks again.

sgmezei

You could try putting in a blend pot for the input cap. Check out Joe Gagans Easy Face. This is commonly done on Fuzz Face and Rangemaster type circuits.

Happy Tweaking!!

9Lives

ya that's pretty bad ass idea. I actually reduce input caps on all my fuzzes, and sometimes other circuits. I think my setups are pretty dark considering I don't own 1 single coil pickup. When I was younger everything what mid scoop chugga chugga's with EMG's. I've chilled out a good bit.. But you know what they say. Old habits die hard. Hey what gains did you use on you tonebender? I just enjoy hearing what everyone thinks sound the best. I've "almost" came to the conclusion that if you get the gains in order, the leakage is the deal breaker. I LOVE my AC188's