News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

22/7

Started by alanp, August 31, 2012, 10:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Perfed up a 22/7 circuit, from Run Off Groove. The only part I actually had to order was the perfboard, everything else I had lying around. (White is dry signal, dark blue is wet signal.) One knob is gain, the other is tone, and volume is being controlled from the amp. (When I box it up, it will get its own volume knob.)

This thing is amazing! I've never titu'ed with a EHX Muff before, I built this on the basis of Juansolo describing it as sounding like Monster Magnet fuzz  :D

http://runoffgroove.com/22-7.html

Outside an enclosure, it hums like mad. Apparently gainy things do that with no shielding. It doesn't merit a thread in Builds, but it interested me enough that it deserves something.

Anyone else built a ROG 22/7?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mgwhit

Cool circuit.  I'm going to have to give that one a try.  Box that puppy up!

juansolo

I've built a couple, noise can be an issue with it. John Lyons never manged to get his quiet. My two ended up ok. Don't know whether that came down to the cmos (the Fairchild one is quieter, if you can get one) or the wiring/enclosure. It certainly seems like I was lucky!

Magnet are touring playing all of Spine of God at the moment, just got the tickets for that this morning :)

For more vintage/stonery fuzz tones check out Josh's Buzzsaw. That bad boy can nail a lot of early fuzz tones in a most satisfying way.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

atreidesheir

I promised B Tremblay I would build one and provide sound samples, but I have shaky hands due to meds. 
There is a good bit of love for this one.  You never have too many muffs.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: atreidesheir on August 31, 2012, 03:59:15 PM
There is a good bit of love for this one.  You never have too many muffs.

I can agree with that. I'd like to hear your sound sample
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

atreidesheir

I cannot build it.  My hands are shaky.  We are trying to find alternate medication for me.  Hopefully I can older or play guitar in a couple of months. :)

alanp

That sucks, man. My sister has shaky hands, for her it's some kind of condition, it's not just nervousness.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Yeah, that does suck.  I hope you and the medical folks can figure it out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

atreidesheir

Hopefully it will slowly calm down and stop.  Too bad all my hobbies require digital dexterity. ;D