News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Level Rebel -- First Build (finally) -- Madbean ThunderPuss

Started by Guybrush, September 01, 2012, 04:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

So after loads of stopping and starting, debugging and general messing around, I've finally finished my first build.  It's a Madbean ThunderPuss that I've named the Level Rebel.  I'm pretty happy with the graphics.  Kept it simple for my first go.  It's T-Shirt transfer sealed with a hair dryer then envirotexed.  The Envirotex is so shiny I struggled to get a shot without tons of glare!  I wanted a Tron-esque look for the graphics so I thought I'd badly Photoshop a cheesy neon grid behaind the pedal  ;D

The guts are ugly as hell but they working (for now).

Thanks to everyone who I've bugged and asked for help from.

pickdropper

Great first build!

The graphics are very cool and the guts aren't bad at all.

Dig the Tron style background as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

2tonewarrior

Congrats for your first success build! better than my first one,.. a my second one lol

bigmufffuzzwizz

Feels good huh?!
That finish looks very nice. You must already have experience with the envirotex?
Your guts look fine. You have to plan out what your doing a bit to get the wiring neat, its not hard at all though. My only suggestion is to bring the components flush to the circuit board. A pair of needle nose pliers will help tons with this!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

midwayfair

snz728

bigrigg

great graphics and look to that pedal.  nice job on your first pedal.  Congrats and welcome to the club.

lincolnic

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Guybrush

Thanks for the kind words guys. I think everyone who has replied has helped me out at some point so thanks to you all.

This was my first go with Envirotex. Pretty please with how it turned out despite the odd blemish here and there. I followed juansolo's tutorial and took my time. I also let it run down and cover the sides. I luckily didn't get any flow lines round the jack holes.

Thanks again.