News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pics from my last gig

Started by mjcyates, August 29, 2012, 06:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Here is a link to some pictures from the "Night of Worship" we had at my church on Sunday. I am the guy on page 3 playing the Reverend. This is where I do most of my playing these days.

http://aap.smugmug.com/Other/Southeast-Christian/SCC-Night-of-Worship-82612/25059085_XvkRXj#!i=2053402387&k=GF2W87Z

timbo_93631

Looks like a wonderful time.  Our worship leader organized a similiar kind of event on Palm Sunday where we played for an hour and a half, had a short break for testimony and Bible time, and then played for another hour or so.  I think it is really fun to stretch out beyond a regular 4-6 song Sunday morning set, and I got into a really wonderful place of worship in my own heart in the process.  Hope you are enjoying it too!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jtn191

good photographer! Did you mean page 4? I just see people playing a tele and acoustic on pg 1-3

slimtriggers

Those are great pics!  You have to be careful with that guitar @ a church service, though.  "I'm the one playing the Reverend" might get misconstrued :D

nzCdog

Awesome pics... I'm jealous ;)
No one pulls a camera out at church for me... so I've had hardly any shots of me actually playing guitar for over ten years :(

murdog47

mjcyates

QuoteLooks like a wonderful time

It was!

QuoteI got into a really wonderful place of worship in my own heart in the process.  Hope you are enjoying it too!

I am!

QuoteDid you mean page 4?

When I opened it at home it was page 3, at work it was page 4, guess it depends on your browser.

QuoteThose are great pics!

Yes I agree, the person who took them did a great job.

QuoteReally really awesome!

It really was!

mgwhit

Hey!  You're in Louisville!  I went to Southeast when I was a kid.

mjcyates

Very cool. Southeast is a great place. What year(s) did you go there?

mgwhit

Early 70's through about 1990.  The moved from the original "bomb shelter" on Hikes Lane to the first enormo facility (also on Hikes Lane) right around the time I was leaving for college.  Never been in the new facility on Blankenbaker, but my parents (still members) live right across the street so I'm always out there.

I think one of the guitarists in my band occasionally plays (or played?) at the Oldham campus.

Good to meet another Louisvillian!  If you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me.

mjcyates

I have played at the Indiana and Oldham campuses a few times but I generally play at the Blankenbaker location. What is the name of your band?

gtr2

Nice gig!  Heck of a stage setup  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer