News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny de Mayo avec 1776 Optocoupler

Started by juansolo, August 26, 2012, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

MrC isn't the only one to be bunnying. I ended up selling my original Mayo unexpectedly (I loaned it to someone to try with his bass, he loved it and ended up not wanting to give it back) and have only just got around to replacing it. This one has switchable clippers on both stages. Had I enough germs I'd have doubled them up to negate the volume drop you get with them. Still you can get just more than unity with both sets using the germs so I'm not that worried. Still nice to have the option.

This also has Josh's new Optocoupler prototype which we'll be using from this point forth on stomps. It makes wiring the box SO easy, works like a dream and means we can abandon 3PDT completely (well not completely as there are still odd builds that down to space (thinking battery provision in a small enclosure) may call for a 3PDT. Otherwise this is it for us. We'll just be using up the old stocks of the old Millenium boards first.'

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Nearly forgot to mention, Cleggy has also updated the Muffs sheet with the P19 values and the associated values on the Mudbunny board. He sent them to me for double checking, but I haven't got around to it yet... But they're here anyhow. I'll fix it if I notice anything wrong with it.

http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/Misc/Muffs.xls

Also our Mayo values are slightly different to Bean's oddly. Ours come from a early schematic that Skreddy confirmed as being accurate IIRC. Sounds good to us anyhow.

nzCdog

Scuse ma ignorance but.... why mayo and not mustard?  :P ??? ;D
(Not really up with the Rat Lingo)
Super tidy work as usual... love the graphic and those little bypass boards look very cool

sgmezei

Love the theme! French and Spanish in the title, classy.

Do you just have one diode on the switch? One 1n34 for D1-2 and one 1n34 for D3-4?

marauder

They're actually pairs of 1n60s the other option being a pair of 4148s. It's only really when you run both sets of germs that it really pulls the level down.

...and I have no idea what with is in Spanish :)

Mayo because it's a Skreddy Mayo clone.

juansolo

That was actually me, I responded whilst over at Cleggy's ;)

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sgmezei

I was thinking of cinco de mayo, spanish for the 5th of May. according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

I thought it was intentional because of the aztec looking art on the front.

juansolo

Indeed it was the artwork is from a Cinco de Mayo poster ;)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Great build dude.

I love my Mayo clone.

That optocoupler bypass PCB is neato.