News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Someone has purchased bulk resistance on e-bay?

Started by Guitafuzz, August 13, 2012, 07:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I have taken a 2500pcs lot on ebay for cheap, the legs are really thin but they are ok. The greatest deal is on veroboard.com.

Julien

whitebread47

Quote from: night-B on August 13, 2012, 07:37:28 PM
I have taken a 2500pcs lot on ebay for cheap, the legs are really thin but they are ok.

Same experience here, though my order was a bit smaller.  Similar to the lead-widths on Tayda resistors.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

midwayfair

Quote from: whitebread47 on August 13, 2012, 07:54:02 PMSimilar to the lead-widths on Tayda resistors.

I think it might be worth pointing out that the kit is about $8 shipped, about the same price as ordering 600 1% resistors from Tayda (1.2c each), except you can pick and choose the resistors you get there. This is a pretty decent deal if you use a ton of the most common values, but I'm not sure that in the long run it's the most efficient way to order parts (unless you NEVER buy stuff from Tayda, which is certainly a possibility).

pryde

I purchased a metal film resistor kit off of Amazon some time ago. The leads on them are thin but they have all measured accurate and work fine. You get 10 of each value in the kit which is a good start.

The BEST part about this kit is that you get a storage box with nicely labeled bags to keep track of resistor values which are organized lowest to highest. Very convienent, compact inventory system.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Knows-Electronics-Value-Resistor/dp/B003UC4FSS/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1344903505&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=1%2F4+watt+resistor+kit

jkokura

That's an alright deal. I think when I got 3000 resistors a while back from eBay, I paid $9 for the resistors, and $11 for shipping. So $20 for 3000 resistors is $0.0066 per resistor. The deal above isn't bad at $0.01 a resistor, but Tayda is $0.012 per resistor is dang good when you can order as many of whatever values available as you want...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimijam

Quote from: night-B on August 13, 2012, 07:37:28 PM
I have taken a 2500pcs lot on ebay for cheap, the legs are really thin but they are ok. The greatest deal is on veroboard.com.

Julien
I'll second this! just got a ton from veroboard.com and the bay. started using 1/8 watts for spots that have standing resistors so I stocked up. got a bunch of 0 ohm jumpers. there is a bunch of suppliers from thailand that have great deals. and fast shipping too. thaishine is one if I recall correctly.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!