News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Max1044 suffix designations - Kingslayer

Started by GhostofJohnToad, August 29, 2012, 02:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Just was reading over the Kingslayer documentation and noticed the comment about using only 1044SCPA for whine considerations.  What does the "S" mean?  I just built a FSH-1 tonepad board and used a 1044cpa and it does whine.  So cool, looks like I might have a solution with the "s", but just curious what it all means.

jkokura

CPA parts are known to whine. SCPA are usually the solution. I'm not sure what the S means, but we could assume it means 'silent'.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mgwhit

Those charge pumps use an internal  oscillator that normally oscillates at a frequency that can be very annoying if it bleeds into the audio signal via the power.  The S chips have an internal frequency doubler on the oscillator that can push the oscillation out of the range of human hearing.  Or something like that.

I'm sure it gets dumped to ground by a low-pass filter later on in most audio circuits, so you probably don't have to worry about it irritating your dog.

TNblueshawk

Yeah, I was thinking it still whines with the "S" but we just can't hear it.

Now about the dog...well...I'm not sure. My cats don't go nuts except when I turn the amp past 5 or something  :P
John