News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gurus - Can You Help Me Understand What's Happening?

Started by frankie5fingers, August 11, 2012, 09:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

I have a Dejavibe and a Badger EP Pre boost that have lived as friends for quite a while.  The EP Pre lived at the end of the chain until the newest member of the family, the Pastyface, moved in.  I kept the Badgerplex on all the time as a kind of "sweetener" at the end.  The Pastyface didn't like the EP after it though (a little too fizzy), so I moved the EP to just in front of the DVibe (another recommended spot).  It also worked well before in that spot.  Now, suddenly I'm getting an oscillation that exactly matches the pulse of the vibe.  The vibe sounds fine otherwise and works great but I'm not familiar at all with optical based effects - Is the vibe exhibiting a problem or is this just a poor placement option?

madbean

When you have the booster in front of the vibe, it only oscillates when the fuzz is on?

frankie5fingers

Nope, it only (audibly) oscillates with the booster on.  I moved the EP to after the vibe.and it's all good now, but I'm really curious what would cause it.  I checked the vibe as best I could and there's no aberratons there and it functions perfectly, as does the the EP pre.  This combinaton just doesn't seem to like that particular sequence.  The Pastyface just caused me to move the EP cause it added a little fizz to the P-face at the end of the chain.  It's not an issue in any way, but I was just hopin to learn something.