News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar: Alternate Switch Wiring

Started by madbean, March 03, 2011, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khronic

Hey hiya all 1st post n all,love the site!....i also could use that Alt wiring diagram as well... in the process of wiring up a couple uproars here and would be dope to have that on hand...Thanks again and have a great day  :)

nimbleswitch

Did anyone save the switch diagram from this thread?  Mind sharing?

I have no problem wiring it up as described in the build docs. But this thread makes it seem more like a compromise, that takes away the full range of the voice switch, for the sake of those not willing to source an on-on-on dpdt which is $2.70 at Small Bear - not a lot to pay for full insurrection.
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

nimbleswitch

OK, I just dug through my salvaged parts bin, and found a DPDT on-on switch which should allow 2 of the 3 clipper types fully implemented, which should be good enough. I can skip the germanium and be happy with the other two. I guess I'll scheme it up and see if it works. More later...

nimbleswitch

... and it worked.
    ... and it's awesome!  :o  Since everyone was waiting in breathless anticipation of my report, right?  :P

I skipped the germaniums, used a DPDT so the "voice" switch has 2 settings, instead of three. The two voices are sufficiently different, and both sound great, so I don't even wonder if I'm missing anything without the germs.

Incidentally I found a diagram at FSB depicting how to wire an on-on-on, for those wanting a graphic like what's missing from the OP. But truth be told, I didn't need it for my "mod." The Madbean schematic has enough info to figure it out with a paper and pencil and a few minutes of head scratching.

If anyone out there has only a DPDT and wants to try the same thing, let me know. I'll happily scan in my drawing if it will help.

Loztboy

TheCobbenator

+1! I have the dpdt on-on-on switch from smallbear, but am at a loss for how exactly to wire this correctly

angrykoko

+1  I'd like to have the diagram also.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

madbean

Loztboy