News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Equal parts Boneyard/Thunderpuss project

Started by pryde, July 18, 2012, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

So I have a "standard" Boneyard with the crunch and high gain modes, modded with values to tame it down (C5/R5). This is my fav pedal, well at least the crunch side. I don't really use the high gain although it is super cool.

I breadboarded a thunderpuss (AMZ Boost) and had in in front of the boneyard to push the crunch channel more for leads and it sounds just fantastic for singing lead tones.

So, I want to do a combo pedal with the Thunderpuss first into the Boneyard (Crunch channel only). I want to use the boost independently as well. I think this would pretty much be my dream OD pedal for marshall tones.

I am thinking I will just omit the hi gain pot from the pcb then run in my boost pot in-place of the high gain one. What would I need to jumper/omit from the boneyard to exclude the high gain portion? Thanks for any tips on working this out.

mgwhit

Just omit the Hi-Gain pot and jumper pads 1-2 of the switch.

juansolo

I did just this on my last Boneyard build here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5206.msg44918#msg44918

Pretty sure I stuck a 250K pot in also. I didn't do the cap swap, but I have since pulled out R1 and wired it direct with shielded cable to tame the squeal.

Essentially I built the original and promptly never used the boost and didn't need it to be switchable crunch/hi-gain.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pryde

Thanks for the info mgwhit and Juan

I forgot about that awesome build you did Juan. That seams to be exactly what I want from the Boneyard portion. For good measure I will use a 250k crunch pot, socket C5/R5, and move R1 down to the switch to be sure.

Trying to decide what size box I want to do this one in?