News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Combining a Mangler with Rangemaster - any issues?

Started by GhostofJohnToad, July 16, 2012, 11:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

A friend of mine asked me if I could build him a pedal.  He said he wanted a SunLion.  I wasn't initially familiar with it so I researched.  Really the SunLion appears to be nothing more than a Rangemaster with a Fuzzface.  So I thought "perfect,  I'll combine a Madbean RangeMaster and Mangler!" I've researched the actual physical connections of the the 2 boards and that looks pretty straight forward. 

Other than considerations for enclosure size, is there anything else I need to consider?  I am still not sure about tranny type, I know the SunLion uses unobtainable NKTs, so I probably won't use those but I would like a close substitution.  This will be the hardest part I'm sure.  Let the fun begin!

jkokura

No, that's about right. I suggest going with a set of transistors from Smallbear. They're tested in circuit, pre matched, and reasonable I'd say. You could also go the route of getting lots of transistors and matching them. There may be some people on the Forum here who could sell/trade you some transistors that will work in the circuits.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals