News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Printing from PDF

Started by Guybrush, July 12, 2012, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi there.

I've just bought some Press'n'Peel and want to print out some PCB layouts to etch.  As the Madbean layouts are contained in the project PDFs is there any way of copying just the PCB layout from the the PDF and pasting it (at the correct size) in to to an image document?  This way I'd be able to print multiple PCB's onto a single sheet.

Thanks.

irmcdermott

I've done that in Inkscape and in GIMP before.

I do it in inkscape exclusively now. What I do is I make a new document the size of the copper clad that I have, and then open the PDF and select the page that has the transfer image on it. Once it's open, the transfer image becomes a selectable object in Inkscape. Then I just copy and paster onto my copper document and plot out. This way I can put multiple transfer images for different projects into one doc, print it, and then start ironing.

That's just my method though.

Ian

Guybrush

Sounds simple enough!  I'll give it a try. 

Thanks!

mgwhit

You will probably need to Object > Ungroup the page first so that you can specifically select the PCB layout image.

irmcdermott

Quote from: mgwhit on July 12, 2012, 02:38:56 PM
You will probably need to Object > Ungroup the page first so that you can specifically select the PCB layout image.

Possibly, though every time I do it, it's always ungrouped without me having to do anything. I've never had to ungroup the page. But good tip.

Guybrush

Cheers guys.  I'll bear it in mind in case I'm struggling to isolate it.

mgwhit

Quote from: irmcdermott on July 12, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
Possibly, though every time I do it, it's always ungrouped without me having to do anything. I've never had to ungroup the page. But good tip.

Weird.  I always have to do it.  Just tried it again before I posted.  Maybe I need to upgrade.  (Edit: Nope.  Upgraded to 0.48.2, still gotta ungroup.  Oh well.)

Guybrush

I had to ungroup too. Probably an option hidden away somewhere in the settings.

tenwatt

**THREAD DERAIL**
Everytime I see the name "Guybrush" my brain processes it as "Greybush" and it makes me lol...everytime...
**Back on Topic**
Not too bright....

marmaliser

Quote from: tenwatt on July 13, 2012, 12:58:21 PM
**THREAD DERAIL**
Everytime I see the name "Guybrush" my brain processes it as "Greybush" and it makes me lol...everytime...
**Back on Topic**

I see GayBUsh

Guybrush

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website