Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road rage application query

Started by LaceSensor, July 06, 2012, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi.

Suppose I have a positive ground effect that runs off 15/18/24V
Is it possible to chain two road rage together, to first make an inverted supply, then charge pump that "up" ?

Or am I talking crazy

Ta!

LaceSensor

madbean

AFAIK, yes, although you would need to switch the polarity of the charging caps on the second RR.

However, you could also do this with one charge pump---same idea except you pump up the negative voltage side. You would need to lay it out on perf or a new PCB, though. Keep in mind also what effect you are supplying and what it's current requirements are. A TC/MAX1044 will give you about 20mA. The LT1054 provides about 100mA.

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on July 07, 2012, 07:36:39 PM
AFAIK, yes, although you would need to switch the polarity of the charging caps on the second RR.

However, you could also do this with one charge pump---same idea except you pump up the negative voltage side. You would need to lay it out on perf or a new PCB, though. Keep in mind also what effect you are supplying and what it's current requirements are. A TC/MAX1044 will give you about 20mA. The LT1054 provides about 100mA.

Awesome, ok thats promising.
I want to convert my EHX big box (24v power supply type) Micro Synth to be able to run off my regular pedal board 9v power supplies.

I have a 12v output DC on the power box I use, Therefore, I plan to provide 24v using charge pump, but its need to be positive ground.

I must admit all this stuff confuses me a bit.

Scruffie

How old is the Microsynth, does it use the NE5554 regulator?

The new one actually puts out 9V & -10V from its power section... which is a bit of an odd one.

And it's bipolar so you need positive, negative and ground.
Works at Lectric-FX

LaceSensor

Hi

Its a 90s "big box" style reissue which uses the 24v power adaptor. Havent had it apart yet.

Any tips so I can run it off 12v or 9v DC input would be super.