News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Music to work to

Started by icecycle66, June 30, 2012, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

What do you guys listen to, if anything, while you are building?

I've been stuck on Hypnos 69 since I started building.

whitebread47

Lately, I listen to either The Black Keys or My Morning Jacket while building for some reason.  Strange, because I'm not a huge Black Keys fan and never put 'em on unless I'm working, but I find it helps my workflow.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

DutchMF

Just the same music as I listen to throughout the day, which ranges from Blues and Classic Rock to Norwegian Black Metal. I just play what my head needs. One thing I like a lot, but never play at home is opera music, that I just have to see being performed.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

derevaun

I find I can work pretty well listening to a web stream of old-school dub, like Dub Xtra or BigUpRadio Dub. I can concentrate on it as much or as little as I need. Most other genres, I get too drawn into the music.

I used to seek out XTC for working, and I don't know why, other than I love the shit. But I found that particular random work tasks started overlaying the memories of the songs--so I stopped that, to preserve the XTC.

Jack Deville

The Sword!
Mac Dre!
Ice Cube!
Slayer!
Logic.  And Cats.  And logical cats.

juansolo

Depends what I'm making, though I usually tend to lean towards a bit of Monster Magnet or Grand Magus. Though today it was on random for a change.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Sigesmundninja

+1 one on Black Keys lately, allso Rival Sons and lots and lots of Pink Floyd

irmcdermott

calciferspit

grateful dead live, or anything really long so I don't have to keep getting up and flip the record.

jimijam

lots of instrumental stuff. animals as leaders, tram, and chad smith's bombastic meatbats is spectacular don't know who his guitar player is but he has some tasty chops and lots of fantastic tones.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

D-Day

Since getting the band out in public I hear perhaps more 'heavy rock' than I ever even wanted to.  So lately I've been turning to early dub reggae and 80s rap.  I also just made a Louis CK station on Pandora and that's a great  soldering soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRZdEqpTmD4