News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Do you gig with your pedals you build r are they just for your bedroom?

Started by jimilee, December 20, 2012, 04:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you gig with the pedals you build?

Yes
24 (92.3%)
No
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 27, 2012, 04:57:38 AM

hammerheadmusicman

I agree^ 

Some of the crap i've seen when you open shop bought pedals, and some of if is shocking in terms of build quality.

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jtn191

Imma go with "no" but I hope to soon!
I've used them some in recording situations; lent them to musicians, used a Neutrino on keys and bass to try to get a warmer sound. They're ok for that purpose, somewhere in between the nice amps/gear they emulate and less responsive plugins.

Chinchen

Lovin my first build (Modified Ross Comp) and will be using it for our next gig...

MIM#1

Gigging [festivals/clubs] with my DIY Tonepad MXR Filter,Kingslayer,EA Tremolo and Ross Comp clone. Soon to add my 3in1 Fatpants>Egghead>Runt!

I'm pretty anal about these when I build em. If I screw up a trace or something its probably not going on my board,even though its an easy fix. My wiring could be neater but that doesnt bother me.

The only problems I've encountered over the years is with the Chinese DC jacks and a faulty 3pdt.
Heck, I've had a Soundtank on my board for 10+ years,so no worries about anything that I build!  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

I as well as most of my friends at this point are using something I built live. That was the purpose of getting into this right?  :)
I'll feel even more complete when I have my own DIY chain completely built by me, comp>fuzz>wah>modulations>delay>reverb  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

whitebread47

The first number of pedals I built weren't at all gig worthy, but I wasn't too happy about that.  It's a pain in the rear having a pedal go out even if you're just jamming at home.  I don't gig right now, but I have built a number of pedals for local guys in bands.  Depending on the particular music scene/genre, there's a decent chance something I've built is being used at some point in a local show.  My goal when I build a pedal now is that it can be taken on tour without a disappointing email or phone call taking place somewhere in the middle of it.

I have a checklist of ways to handle the pedal and circuit before giving it to someone that ensures confidence when I hand it to them or accept any monies.  I mean, nobody would want an amp or guitar that may or may not work at any given point, so I view pedals the same way.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

mysticaxe

I only play out a few times a year, but my yellow shark is on my board.  The sea urchin I built became a Christmas present for my other guitarist (and gives me an excuse to build another one)...