News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking

Started by slimtriggers, June 11, 2012, 05:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

Kind of a rite of passage around here, I guess.  Built one of these because of all the Klon hype, but it didn't grab me right away.  It's just been a jumble of spaghetti on my workbench until I decided to box it up this morning.

After getting it boxed up and playing around with it a bit, I'm really digging it!  The tone control is very useful, and seems to interact nicely with the drive.  The drive is pretty mild up until about 2 o'clock, then it starts to get nice and dirty.  Lots of volume on tap to hit the front of the amp hard, too, if you just want to use it as a boost.

The buffered bypass seems pretty transparent, at least to my ears.  I was a true bypass snob, but this changed my mind.

The box is Dormant Orange powder from Columbia Coatings.   I tried different lighting to try to capture the flake, but my old point and shoot just wasn't getting it.

Not my cleanest wiring, but much improved over the pile of spaghetti it was this morning :)

Ha!  The sun came out!  I got some better pics.

sgmezei

That is a beautiful orange colour. Good work!

jubal81

Way cool. Summertime vibe - looks like a creamcicle.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

slimtriggers

Thanks guys. 

Yeah, the orange and cream really does have a summery look to it 8)

nzCdog

That'l look awesome on a pedalboard... great work!

DutchMF

Just when I'm getting a bit sick of all the orange flags in the streets here (because of the european soccer championships), there's this amazing orange pedal..... Beautifull!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gtr2

Great powdercoating.

Yes, everyone has to build a sunking as a right of passage into the world of DIY.

Next up Kingslayer/not a klone  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

slimtriggers

Thanks for checking it out 8)

Quote from: gtr2 on June 13, 2012, 11:56:13 AM

Next up Kingslayer/not a klone  ;)

Actually, next up I have a Snow White Auto-Wah about 90% complete.  Plus a few others  ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us