News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Guess what I'm boxing up today...

Started by mgwhit, May 27, 2012, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I will likely release a taptation board if people want it. I've been thinking it'll be good to release more PCBs than just the scuba muff.

This board I'm working on is just for JMK pedals until I retire the pedal from the line.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mgwhit

Meh.  Only got one finished today.  The Llamadoodle is about half-way there.  Still, I'm pleased with this one, and it sounds great.

Gut shot tomorrow.

rlopes

Quote from: alanp on May 27, 2012, 05:31:30 PM
Them's some seriously nice paint 'n' decals.

Just two questions, though -- what language is "Cuidado" in, and what does it mean?
In Portugal the "Cuidado" word means "be careful".

mgwhit

Quote from: rlopes on May 28, 2012, 10:04:46 AMIn Portugal the "Cuidado" word means "be careful".

In Portugal, this is exactly what you should be careful of:

What a fun little distortion!  I used an audio taper Gain pot instead of a linear taper, so more of the sweep has "overdrive" sounds and the "fuzz" sounds are bunched over at the far end.  Totally monster with my tele, but very touch sensitive.  Better pic and guts later.

mgwhit

Finally, an in focus picture of this one:

mgwhit

Gut shots as promised.

I was getting a fairly woofy distortion when I breadboarded this, so I was constantly trying to tweak it to cut bass.  When I was pulling the parts from the breadboard, I noticed I had a bad cap value in there that was probably causing the problem, so I just built this to stock Red Llama specs with the exception of the audio-taper Gain pot (as mentioned above).

I wired up this EgoDriver board back in October, and I think it's just stock specs.  (I didn't breadboard it in advance, so I can't imagine what I would have modified -- although my notes suggest that I probably used the recommended changes on the Drive and Volume pots.)    I skipped the LED clipping since I've got that in a Slow Loris and I'm building a Boneyard.  I was pretty "meh" on this when I first wired it up through my test rig, but I thought it sounded great yesterday.  I still need to put it through its paces, but I think I'm gonna like it.

These were actually my first completed 1590B builds (although I've got two more just waiting for me to do the waterslide artwork and two more that I haven't drilled or breadboarded yet), and here's what I learned:

Just because you've done a few 1590A builds doesn't mean you won't be tight for space in a 1590B!  Measure, measure, MEASURE!

I love gtr2's 3PDT boards, but I was embarrassed that I wasn't able to get them perfectly straight in the enclosure because I measured so poorly and crowded everything up against the jacks.  And on the EgoDriver I got the jacks so close to the Tone pot that I couldn't fit the stereo/switched input jack and just moved everything to enclosed jacks.  Oh, well.  Live and learn.

Bret608

Those are precisely the knobs I would've picked for that Snarkdoodle! Looks really good. I'm liking what I've heard about this circuit but already have a Cosmopolitan, Egodriver and Cherry Bomb lined up...too many ODs, too little time!

jkokura

No need for embarrassment Matt, it's only us who really cares anyway and we all have the screwy guts pedals to join with you.

The worst is when you're building for someone else and you make a crucial error in your drilling that requires you to order a new enclosure...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pryde

Nice builds mgwhit. Very pro looking decals and paint/gloss work for sure. I gave my first Egodriver to a friend, missed it and built another for myself.  ;D