News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Radio Interference

Started by tenwatt, May 21, 2012, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

My last couple builds have been getting a bit of radio interference.  What can I do to ensure this isn't a problem.  I use solid core wire and parts from Mammoth, Small Bear, PPP, Mouser, etc.
Not too bright....

calciferspit

keep your power and signal wires separate, and if they must cross, try to cross them at 90 degrees. RF can be caused by improper grounding as well. It may be associated with the mains in your house too. Try different locations and see if it is the pedals or the environment.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tenwatt

Not too bright....

gtr2

The zombii and wolfshirt aren't surprising but you shouldn't be getting radio with a neutrino.  I don't even get radio interference with out of box testing with that circuit.  Are you located in a large city?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tenwatt

Not too bright....

Bret608

I've been getting radio interference and buzzing on my Pork Barrel. Although I haven't done the fix just yet, I'm pretty sure it's coming from wires being in places they shouldn't (instrument cable hitting ground wires when plugged in, for starters!). I hope you can track it down--lord knows it took me some time!

GermanCdn

Are you running it off regulated power (like a power brick) or wall warts (Boss PS-1, One Spot, etc)?  I have the same problem on some of my builds with wall warts, putting them on a regulated power supply solved all those problems.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Bret608

I'm using a decent-quality Ibanez wall wart. What about you, Tenwatt?

When this does cause noise, would increasing the power supply filtering (like by putting a cap at the +9v terminal of the DC jack) help?