News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Woohoo! Debug success!!

Started by slimtriggers, April 24, 2012, 11:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

First time using an audio probe and it worked like a charm!  Found a lifted trace after C9 on my Open Source Tubescreamer build.  Fixed it up with a bit of solder, and now it works perfectly!  That was so easy, I can't believe it  8)

That's all.  Had to tell somebody that would understand.  My wife just rolls her eyes. 

mgwhit

Congratulations!  I understand the thrill.

jkokura

My wife rolls her eyes when I get excited about pedal stuff. I remember fixing something that hadn't been working for ages, and she just said, "so?" Pffff.

She's generally cool with stuff I do, but sometimes I wish she was more enthusiastic. I bet you guys get that.

Also, congratulations. I love solving any problem, and I know just how satisfying it is.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Big congrats! You'll always find a use for one of those!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on April 25, 2012, 01:15:29 AM
My wife rolls her eyes when I get excited about pedal stuff. I remember fixing something that hadn't been working for ages, and she just said, "so?" Pffff.

She's generally cool with stuff I do, but sometimes I wish she was more enthusiastic. I bet you guys get that.

Also, congratulations. I love solving any problem, and I know just how satisfying it is.

Jacob

Yeah, I get this.  My wife is happy for me in a general sense when I accomplish something, but pedal building is where my enthusiasm is directed; hers is directed elsewhere.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jolly1423

Pshh, wives. They just don't get pedals, but on the other hand they are very sexy (the wives I mean)
;)

slimtriggers

Ha!  I knew you guys would get it ;)

icecycle66

Ang3lus

yeah, hehe

when i finished my SLO clone amp, she just said "cool"

to me it was like finding pirates hidden gold

culturejam

Nice work!

I do love the feeling of finding and solving the problem in a project. Audio probes are pure gold, and so is the continuity test function on a DMM. Between those two, you can solve just about any basic pedal problem.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects