News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Dinky Drive AKA The Larmzonite

Started by chromesphere, April 17, 2012, 05:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi guys,

I've been filming alot of DIY guitar pedal related videos lately, too many to post them all here.  So instead im going to post a build report & sound demo of a madbean project that i dont believe anyone has done before.  

Its the "Dinky Drive", reportedly a pedal port of the Bad Cat Mini Cat II, and using j201's.  It's a unique little beast and has some nice settings.  Takes a bit of hunting around to get it right though.  The EQ can be a bit of a b*stard to set right.

If you want to cut to the chase and hear it, skip to 5:50 ish.

Check out my channel for more demos & hope you like it!
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

mgwhit

Thanks -- nice demo!  I always appreciate it when someone plays more rhythm and chords than widdling.

I do wonder if you didn't mislabel the bridge pickup and neck pickup sections in the video, though.  Every "bridge" sample was fuller and bassier and every "neck" sample was thinner and more trebly.  Apologies if I'm wrong (although if I am, I really need to have my ears checked).

chromesphere

Cheers mgwhit,

Would you look at that!  I cant believe all these years i thought the basser "fuller" setting was the bridge! I think your right, their the wrong way around.  Wow, there you go!

Edit: Ok so i always thought that down the end of the strings, near the bridge, would be 'bassier' so that would be where the "fuller" pick up would be located. But now im thinking, the strings near the bridge dont vibrate much (because of the bridge), so thats why its actually the "thinner" pick up as opposed to the neck pick up, further from the bridge -> can vibrate more. If that makes sense.

Thanks for pointing that out, still cant believe i've been thinking this whole time around the other way!

Paul

mgwhit

Quote from: chromesphere on April 17, 2012, 10:19:41 PM
But now im thinking, the strings near the bridge dont vibrate much (because of the bridge), so thats why its actually the "thinner" pick up as opposed to the neck pick up, further from the bridge -> can vibrate more. If that makes sense.

Exactamundo!

chromesphere

Wow...im still in shock ive had this wrong for god knows how many years!  Thanks again for pointing that out!
Paul