News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

noob pork barrel mn3007 question ?

Started by DLM, April 22, 2012, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLM

Hello , Are the mn3007 's at smallbear any good ? I read the post on the  mn3005's and wondered if it applied to the mn3007 as well ?   I'd be using a road rage with the mn3007 for the 15v .

Has anyone built the pork barrel with the mn3207 ?  Any comment 's on the difference ?  Thanks

sgmezei

Small Bear is a trusted source. You should not have any issues with that chip from them.

I am only half finished my build so I can't say how it sounds. Hopefully some other folks will chime in and speak on the VS. issue.

DLM

Thank you . so you got yours from them ?

sgmezei

Yup sure did. Steve at small bear almost got a batch of good mn3005 a but they turned out to be fakes. That would have been sweet.

DutchMF

I've built the Porkbarrel with an MN3207. Sounds amazing at +9V, wiped my previous chorus off the pedalboard easily. Can't tell you the difference with an MN3007, but my guess is they can both sound good. Others might disagree, it's all up to your own ears.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

harpplayer

I don´t see why would someone fake an MN3007 TODAY, but you never know....

As far as the delay range, I think it is the most limited in the MN series - but works perfectly for the chorus.

There is still plenty of them from different sources, but they´ll get scarce someday too, and then people should be worried... But anyways smallbear offers guarantee!

DLM

Thanks to all of you !  I'll be ordering the pork barrel soon . I just wanted to do my research first .