News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

so my bandmate wants purple starlight with green led glowing knobs....

Started by B_of_H, October 14, 2010, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Guys, how are the shipping rates from Mammoth?  About on par with other places?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

i'd say its on par. i'm outside of Nashville and shipping was $6.44. granted, it wasn't much. just 1 enclosure, some jacks of all types, knobs, and pots. about $16 worth of stuff for the test run. i just did cheapest USPS. not too bad. definitely have paid more for less.

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

B_of_H

thanks for introducing me to mammoth, they have regular 4dpt switches!!!  I need some of those. 

eniacmike

My order was 6.31 shipping I ordered 5 op amps, 6 pots, 20 knobs, I ordered one 3pdt just to check em out and 1 of their dc jacks as well. The prices are great lm308n for rats are $3.00, brown burr OPA2134PA are only $2.52, and You can't beat their price on alpha pots hopefully they will start stocking more values like C rev log, and those 20k W pots for tubescreamers. It would be cool if they would stock 5mm box caps and 25v electrolytics in the standard ranges too.

Depending on how fast the orders come I might start getting enclosures there, although I am stocked up at the moment. The fry's by my house price matches on hammond enclosures so it's really convenient to buy them there but they don't stock 125b.

Haberdasher

Quote from: eniacmike on October 19, 2010, 03:48:02 PM
My order was 6.31 shipping I ordered 5 op amps, 6 pots, 20 knobs, I ordered one 3pdt just to check em out and 1 of their dc jacks as well. The prices are great lm308n for rats are $3.00, brown burr OPA2134PA are only $2.52, and You can't beat their price on alpha pots hopefully they will start stocking more values like C rev log, and those 20k W pots for tubescreamers. It would be cool if they would stock 5mm box caps and 25v electrolytics in the standard ranges too.

Depending on how fast the orders come I might start getting enclosures there, although I am stocked up at the moment. The fry's by my house price matches on hammond enclosures so it's really convenient to buy them there but they don't stock 125b.

Thanks for the info.  Fry's doesn't carry painted enclosures, do they?

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

eniacmike

no painted enclosures.

hammond 1590a, b, bb, c, d
those little ones for the tap tempo I can't remember the letter.

Then they have console enclosures and serpac enclosures.

irmcdermott

got my order from Mammoth today, fast shipping! the only thing wrong was that I ordered 2 mono jacks and they sent me 2 stereo, no biggie.

B_of_H

so I ordered from small bear and pedal parts plus last saturday.  Then I ordered from mammoth on tuesday...

my mammoth order came yesterday, still nothing from PPP or small bear.  Amazingly fast shipping, wow.

eniacmike

I ordered last  sunday and my order came friday.  parts seem to be nice. The 3pdt's (blue ones) are just like the taiwan ones I get from PPP. I have gotten a few switches from PPP that have pitting/rust on the top of the stomp and these are clean and shiny. Pretty stiff switch with a loud physical pop but just like the other tiawanese 3pdts.

the fulltone style knobs davies #1510 clones are interesting the mould is very clean they say tyxn on the bottom but oddly they have hex set screws.. which is actually kind of cool because I can get a tighter grip on them than with a jewlers screw, but it's one more thing to keep on the bench/gig bag.

the zvex style knobs davies #1900H clones are weird. they look like ABS instead of phenolic, and they are not as shiny as the davies knobs or the clones small bear sells. the inside is hollow with ribs and they have a black set screw instead of the silver screws that davies come with. They fit a little loose and when I tightened them up on some alpha pots they feel and look a little lopsided.

the 2.1mm dc adapters are something I haven't seen before either. the lugs are sturdier than what I get from PPP. They have a metal retainer nut instead of the plastic nut, the plastic is a different texture and not shiny. the pin is rounded instead of a straight cut off cylinder like the normal ones.

the alpha pots look great. the IC's I bought are all top notch. The LM308N is from National Semi they are different than the ones small bear sells with the grey band on the pin 1 side) the opa2134pa are brown burr, The npn transistors I got are all National Semi.

I would say the prices are still good for what you get, but I might rethink the 1900h clones, I actually prefer the 1510's though.