News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Question about global external tap switch and polarity...

Started by designatedmedia, March 04, 2012, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designatedmedia

Hey guys,

I made this tap switch:

very basic, soft touch spst to 3 out to control my tap tempo delays that im modding up.

my problem is, after i hooked it up to my dd-20 and my dl-4 that i modded, they wont stay aligned for longer than a few seconds. I assume possibly the boss needs a polarity switch?

I cant confirm this anywhere online, so does anyone know for sure?

And if so, can i even make my tap box work and still control all my delays?

thetrend77

Yes, the Boss needs Normally Closed and the DL4 needs Normally Open. I know it's possible to make a switch for it, but I don't know how to do it, unfortunately. :(

designatedmedia

Can you even add a polarity switch to a spst? Might have to be dpdt...

REPTAR

designatedmedia

how would i wire this? can anyone provide a diagram?

REPTAR

You could also use a spdt switch.  One side is normally closed, while the other side of the switch is normally open.  You would need to wire one outside lug to one jack, then the other outside lug to the other jack, then the center lug to both jacks.  This way, when you press the switch, the normally open side will close, sending a change in signal to one pedal; the normally closed side will open, sending a change in signal to the other pedal.  I haven't tried this, and I don't have multiple tap-tempo pedals to test with, so I could be wrong, but it should work in theory.

alanp

If all else fails, relays could be used. They normally have normally-closed, normally-open outputs, right?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website