Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

demeter compulator

Started by gtangas, April 20, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hi guys

finish the demeter compulator!

etch a small face-plate with some pcb and use the standard wiring instead of the original... i didn´t like the idea of having the 9v on the switch!

Notice some volume drop when the comp is at 80% I read some guys telling the same on the FSB...

some photos

midwayfair

Very classy looking build!

gtangas

thanks

The first ideia was to use black but the my females bosses (wife and 2 daughters) choose the white! hehe

its a nice compressor!

lincolnic

atreidesheir

what are you using as your faceplate source?  I love it.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

DutchMF

Quote from: gtangas on April 20, 2013, 12:55:55 AM
thanks

The first ideia was to use black but the my females bosses (wife and 2 daughters) choose the white! hehe

its a nice compressor!

Cool to hear you consult the missus on aesthetics as well! That's a very classy build dude, but the name Compulator gives me a lot of thoughts that aren't as classy  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gtangas

Quote from: atreidesheir on April 20, 2013, 05:25:41 AM
what are you using as your faceplate source?  I love it.

Pcb from tayda... Cheap

I design the graph in inksCape and etch it normal way. painted the board with black, sand it and after that tin with a product that I found in Lisbon called pratex... It's a product to clean silver and it was used for some time by the olders electronic hobbyist

My doubts was if after painting and sand the board the black still remains on the non copper areas. But the result is very nice

The ideia was to make a test with this build using this technique before I jump on a bigger faceplate for my multiplex

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtangas on April 20, 2013, 10:09:54 AM
The ideia was to make a test with this build using this technique before I jump on a bigger faceplate for my multiplex

I would say mission accomplished.. It look great.