News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus

Started by madbean, March 31, 2012, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The box is a full enclosure etch. I wanted a really dirty, grungy look, which I got for sure. But, the actual artwork part did not come out as well as I had hoped. I let it etch a little too long, and a lot of the fine detail in the monster character got lifted. But, whatever...it still looks pretty neat.

It sounds fantastic too! Quiet as a sleeping kitten. I like the full range of flange offered---slow flange is very thick and fast flange is very liquid. There's a tiny bit of volume drop which can be fixed by increasing R7. It's not so much as to bother me, so I'm just going to leave it as is. I left off the 2M2 pull-down as well since there is no pop when engaging the bypass.

Demo will be done later this week.

nzCdog

Nice build Brian, and aptly named... that PCB is friggin HUGE!
LOVE those knobs, goes with the etched enclosure real nice 8)

DutchMF

Really cool, man! This is on the "must build" list. I really like the look of the etched enclosure with the shiny metal knobs. "Unchained", here I come!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

bigrigg

That is a beauty.  Looks like a belt buckle I'd wear if I were a bad ass cowboy.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

I am digging the etching. Can't wait for a demo. I have never heard this thing but I have a PCB on the way. ;D

Haberdasher

Man, that looks awesome. 8)

Hey Brian, the BOM only calls for 2 trimmers but there are 3 on your build.  Is there a 3rd one we need to source or does the final version only need the 2 20k's

many thx
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

juansolo

Nice!

Bring forth the collossusses!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

Quote from: Haberdasher on April 02, 2012, 01:39:51 AM
Hey Brian, the BOM only calls for 2 trimmers but there are 3 on your build.  Is there a 3rd one we need to source or does the final version only need the 2 20k's

I checked out the schematic, there's also a 500k Clock trimmer on there, which is not on the BOM. That's probably the third one in the picture, but better to wait for the final answer from Brian himself.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

Thanks Dutch, good looking out.  I should have checked the schematic myself.

Brian, is the 500K clock trimmer the one to the left off by itself?  If so, the 500K trimmer I have here might work.  If not, I need to order a 3362 type.  Or can I sub a 1M or other value there?

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

Sorry-my bad. You need two 20k and one 500k trimpots. The 3362s are ideal.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is awesome! Your description is getting me excited.
This is going to be a must have for me!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals