News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Project: lo-fi mods for the Dirtbag

Started by midwayfair, March 23, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

The Dirtbag is my goal for this year - I'm slowly working up to it with a mix of simple dirt circuits and some more complicated stuff and a couple PT2399 echos. I might build two DBs ... or simply mod the one I *do* build.

So here's the deal: I have delays that do nice clean repeats. And although I miss my Memory Man (it was stolen) and would like to get that sound back, I'm also interested in squeezing a little more functionality out of an already versatile box.

What I want to add, though, is a switch that takes the repeats from "normal" to the sort of grainy, distorted, washed out/white noise, and ring moddish type of repeats you get on a DMM that's got the bias pots wrong, but I want this effect to happen on some level at the regular repeat times.

I'm assuming that some people have tinkered with some parts and values that get rid of the kind of stuff I'm  looking to add in. How many part values would need to be changed to get just a couple of those effects? Has anyone done this already? Is there a better way to do this? (Like perhaps adding in a lo-fi-ifying circuit on a separate board inside like it was a hardwired effects loop?)

(I've put this in the Tech help section instead of the mods because I need a lot more information about this circuit and I don't want speculation to mislead anyone.)