News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Add Mid control - Quasar / Glitterrattii

Started by fair.child, March 05, 2012, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

I've noticed that Quasar and Glitterratti are based on TS808. Somehow, I have an idea to add Mid control on it. It will be a great idea if I add up the mid control without losing bass, treble,volume and gain control.

My question, is it possible to do ? If shouldn't, I still wanted to add the mid control. I don't mind if I should swap the treble or gain control to add up the mid control on it.

Cheers all. Thank you

Diamond

I probably found this attachment somewhere on FSB. I'm sorry for the original poster/source, but I don't remember exactly where. Anyhow, it's not that easy! You could also get more mids by turning down the bass and treble and turning the volume slightly up.

fair.child

Quote from: Diamond on March 05, 2012, 11:32:55 AM
I probably found this attachment somewhere on FSB. I'm sorry for the original poster/source, but I don't remember exactly where. Anyhow, it's not that easy! You could also get more mids by turning down the bass and treble and turning the volume slightly up.

Hey this one is cool, probably this kind of information that I need. thank you Diamond.
I've read up to about baxandall theory but now it's too complicated for me. Does anybody here know the simple understanding to baxandall theory ?

oldhousescott

Sometimes it helps to consider extremes and interpolate the middle. If you look at the Bax treble control, for instance, at full cw the entire value of the pot is in the feedback loop, reducing the effect of the cap in series inside the feedback loop. This will keep that cap from rolling off the high end. Simultaneously, the cap at the other end of the pot is now directly tied to the input, acting as a "bright cap"  shunting the high end directly to the input of that stage. The overall effect is to boost the treble. If you now consider the control fully ccw, the cap in the feedback is directly connecting input to output causing the high end to be rolled off. Also, the effect of the cap at the input is now effectively blocked by the pot. The net result is a reduction in the treble. In the middle is a combination of cutting and boosting resulting in an effective flat setting. You can do the same mental gymnastic for the bass pot to understand what's going on there.