News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what's it going to be?

Started by alexander.x, March 02, 2012, 03:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexander.x

ok so I want to purchase a pcb from Madbean Pedals. I am a newbie.
this will be my first board purchase.
here is some quick info. I have a US Strat with Duncan Hotrails, playing through a Digitech RP1000 into a Legend A30 hybred amp from to 80's. I want to add a few pedals in the chain.
I also love Ty Tabors from KingsX's tone. I am going to build a Timmy Type pedal on the side.
what is the consensus out there?
I will go with the majority.

thanks
this should be interesting
Looking for ways to find my own sound and improve my tone, one glob of solder at at time.

stecykmi

Egodriver is a pretty useful circuit, plus it's fairly simple. Most guitarists can find a use for it in their chain somewhere.

jkokura

I'm fairly certain Tabor used a lot of high gain Marshall type amps. Perhaps something like the Boneyard would suit you?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

I started with a Thunderpuss, a very small build with very few parts. It was great to get a feel for soldering components to a board and for the ridiculously small scale of this stuff (I knew it would be small, but that small......)
Because of shipping costs I ordered a few boards at the same time, including the already mentioned Egodriver, which sounds very good driving an already distorted amp. Not shure how your RP1000 would like it though.

Whatever you decide to build, triple check the parts you order, take it slow and come here for advice if you need it, there are a lot of knowledgable, friendly people here that can help you with almost anything (pedal-building related, that is, other stuff is optional.......)

And yes, it will be interesting, and fun!

Let us know what you're doing and how it's going!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alexander.x

thanks guys, these all look like good suggestions.
fyi, I do also use a Lab Series L5 solid state amp (same what Ty used on the first 4 albums)
I will probably make my decision next week sometime.
waiting to see what else pops up.
later
good members make a good site great.
this is a great site
Looking for ways to find my own sound and improve my tone, one glob of solder at at time.