Possible Tap-tempo for Sea Urchin

Started by sgmezei, December 24, 2011, 08:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

Hello greater powers that be,

Just checking out this tap tempo board from barry at guitarpcb:

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2851536

Would this work with the sea urchin??

I'm not great with delays and this is foreign territory for me. Any thoughts?

LaceSensor

It's pt2399 so I don't see why not.
The project at guitarpcb looks really nice.
I'm always a bit put off my the relatively expensive taptation.
Added to that I never really use tap tempo but I have friends who would love a tap tempo delay like that

gtr2

You still have to buy the taptation chip set for his board to work.  :-\

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

lloyd17

I was under the impression Barry's delay was a modded DBD. No reason why it shouldn't work with the urchin.

guitarhands03

Im going to give the taptation set up from guitarPCB with an etched PCB of the sea urchin a go. I know that it replaced the original Time Pot and connects to pin6 of the PT2399. only question is do I connect it directly to the pin or after the Resistor.... any help would be great! thanks

cjkbug

there is a taptation application note on the tone god's website all the info is on it
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

sgmezei

I am thinking I am going to order it. Is DIYstomp the only place to get the chip?

guitarhands03

okay so here are a few notes to make this work with the tap tempo board from guitar pcp. First you need to make a jumper between pin 3  and 4 of the pt 2399. second reduce resistor 18 from 2.7 to 1k. third be sure to connect the tap tempo board to the middle pad or number 2 of the delay pad. the only thing I'm trying to figure out now is that the feedback pot does not want to work I only get 1 repeat. any suggestions on how to fix this any help would be greatly appreciated

madbean

On another note, this just arrived in the mail today :)

sgmezei

Nice!! Which project is this being implemented on? I am assuming the new tape simulating delay with multiple pt2399's?

Just because that would be nuts..... :D

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

nzCdog

guitarhands03

anyone have any ideas on the the feedback pot not working as mentioned on the above post?