News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DLS Rotosim

Started by murdog47, March 15, 2012, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Always wanted one but never had the extra $300 to throw at it. Would love to have a PCB to put together.

Jack5

Dls website says this thing has digital content which if programming based would put way beyond my kung fu abilities.  Does anyone know if its got programming content and or if anyone has successfully re'd a programmed circuit?

Neo ventilator seems to have leaped over rotosim based on recent web reviews but even more expensive!!

juansolo

Have to admit I've been toying with getting a Behringer RM600 Rotary Machine and re-housing it. They're about £40 and other than being made of plastic, actually seem to be a pretty good leslie sim.

I do suspect this might be too complicated to do properly analogue. Two different speed Vibes covering different frequency spectrums, sure. But the spin up/spin down effects might be a tad more difficult to pull off.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

murdog47

You're right, I didn't realize it was digital. Listened to a demo of the Neo and it sounds awesome, just can't see spending $450+ for one. 

cjkbug

I had one of these and it sounded fantastic. especially in stereo with 2 amps. the overdrive feature was great for those huge SRV tones. this would be a fun project
I got blisters on my fingers!!!